Monday, February 8, 2010

list of "post"

post industrial
post structuralism
post humanism
post postmodernism
post minimalism
post pop
post black
post modern classicism
post analysis
post capitalism
post idealism
post utopia
post 9/11


art for art's sake?

I think it is still feasible to approach the "pure visual" characteristic of art that separate from the everyday world of social and political life. but we are all informed by the history and culture which can only be altered and refined in one's mind in order to create the unique result of a unique temperament. speaking of my own works, the idea often comes alive when my mind operates internally. I try to play out this vague idea both consciously and unconsciously; it is the act of balancing. Surprisingly, even when I put most of my priority in aesthetic quality, I would have to agree that it shows its social or political relevance. I am informed by things that i see, hear, and act upon. It cannot be disregarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment